ACADEMIC RESEARCH EXPERIENCES
5th Annual MEDUSA Graduate Student Colloquium, University of Toronto
- Paper - "Defining Korean Hip Hop's Authenticity through Blackness and Globalisation"
- Workgroup - "Unsettling Transnational Relationality: Indigeneity and Solidarity Across Border"
Richard Charles Lee: Insights Through Asia Challenge, Asian Institute, Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto
- Project (Ethnographic Film & Report) - "Visualizing Elders' Engagement with the Digital Age in Shanghai"
- Paper - "Visibilizing the Invisible: Communications Work(ers) at the University of Toronto - Deconstructing the Tension between Power and Freedom in 'The U of T Brand' Production"
Ethnography Lab Summer High School Program 2016, Ethnography Lab, University of Toronto
- Presentation - "Social Media and Other New Media Approaches to Ethnographic Research"
International Course Module at Oa'hu, Hawai'i, Anthropology Department, University of Toronto
- Course - “Diversity”: Critical/Comparative Studies of Indigeneity, Multiculturalism and (Settler) Colonialism"
- Ten-day participant observation and service learning around topics of environmental protection and sustainability, immigration and Indigeneity, military occupation and tourism industry
- Embracing Blackness Through Koreanness: Analysis of Damunhwa in South Korea Through Media Presence of Sam Okyere and Han Hyun Min (2018)
- "Fake" News, Digital Media and Political Ideology: Analyzing Linguistic Rhetoric of Pro-Impeachment and Pro-Park News (2017)
- Anthropology's Ignorance of Discourse on Indigenous and Non-Indigenous People of Colour Relationship and Its Historical Understanding of Race and Culture (2017)
- Deconstructing the Model Minority Discourse of Asian Immigrants in Canada: What is at stake? (2016)
- Defining the Cultural Value of AGO First Thursdays: A Multi-Art Event or a "Social Gathering"? (Fieldwork Report) (2016)
- Art’s Confrontation With Mental Illness: Yayoi Kusama, Self-Obliteration and the Sublime (2015)
- Fashion's "Orientalism": Cultural Appropriation, Cultural Appreciation, or Cultural Ignorance? (2014)
- "Self"-Orientalism in Vogue Nippon: Racism as Beauty (2014)
- Dying for Their Clothes: The Rana Plaza Disaster (2014)
Honours Bachelor of Arts, University of Toronto
- Major: Sociocultural Anthropology, and History of Art
- Minor: Writing & Rhetoric