ACADEMIC RESEARCH EXPERIENCES
2017 Hemispheric Institute Graduate Student Initiative (Hemi GSI) 5th Convergence, York University, Toronto
- Workgroup: "Unsettling Transnational Relationality: Indigeneity and Solidarity Across Border"
2017 Richard Charles Lee: Insights Through Asia Challenge, Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto
- Project (Ethnographic Film & Report): "Visualizing Elders' Engagement with the Digital Age in Shanghai"
- Paper: "Visibilizing the Invisible: Communications Work(ers) at the University of Toronto - Deconstructing the Tension between Power and Freedom in 'The U of T Brand' Production"
2016 Ethnography Lab Summer High School Program 2016, Ethnography Lab, University of Toronto
- Presentation: "Social Media and Other New Media Approaches to Ethnographic Research"
2016 International Course Module at Oa'hu, Hawai'i, Anthropology Department, University of Toronto
- Course: “Diversity”: Critical/Comparative Studies of Indigeneity, Multiculturalism and (Settler) Colonialism
- Ten-day participant observation and service learning around topics of environmental protection and sustainability, immigration and Indigeneity, military occupation and tourism industry.
- "Fake" News, Digital Media and Political Ideology: Analyzing Linguistic Rhetoric of Pro-Impeachment and Pro-Park News
- Anthropology's Ignorance of Discourse on Indigenous and Non-Indigenous People of Colour Relationship and Its Historical Understanding of Race and Culture
- Deconstructing the Model Minority Discourse of Asian Immigrants in Canada: What is at stake?
- Defining the Cultural Value of AGO First Thursdays: A Multi-Art Event or a "Social Gathering"? (Fieldwork Report)
- Art’s Confrontation With Mental Illness: Yayoi Kusama, Self-Obliteration and the Sublime
- Redefining the "Self" in Contemporary Canadian Self-Portraiture (Jeff Wall, General Idea, Shelley Niro)
- Fashion's "Orientalism": Cultural Appropriation, Cultural Appreciation, or Cultural Ignorance?
- "Self"-Orientalism in Vogue Nippon: Racism as Beauty
- Dying for Their Clothes: The Rana Plaza Disaster